Confused about New Jersey's new MCLE rules and what they mean for you or for your attorneys? Join Wendy Weiss, Counsel for the New Jersey Board on Continuing Legal Education, for a free webcast as she provides an overview of the rules and requirements related to the MCLE rules in New Jersey. On June 22, 2010, I will interview Wendy and then lead a question and answer segment where you can get your questions answered by the person most in the know!
Topics covered will include:
- MCLE Overview
- Requirement - What does a New Jersey licensed attorney have to do?
- Exemptions - Who is exempt from completing MCLE?
- Dual Barred Attorneys - What if an attorney already complies with another state's MCLE requirement?
- Compliance Period Calculation - When do attorneys have to complete the requirement?
- New Admittee Requirement - What are the requirements for newly licensed attorneys?
- Reporting - How will compliance be reported?
- Earning Credits
- What types of activities count for credit?
- What types of activities do not count for credit?
- What if the course taken is not accredited in New Jersey?
- MCLE Providers
- How does a provider get a program approved for credit?
- Can a provider become approved for all courses offered?
- Do providers have reporting requirements?
- Question and Answer Period
This program will be available as a complimentary on demand program and a downloadable podcast following the live webcast.
For more information, or to register now, click here.