As the co-chair of the Marketing SIG within the ACLEA organization, I've had a lot of conversations with members and others in the CLE industry about social media and its growning place in the way in which we do business. At the New York Annual Meeting's lunch, our topic, Twitter, grew into a wider discussion of social media, with many wondering how to begin, how much to do, and what type of commitment was required.
Out of this luncheon topic and through many conversations among ACLEA members, ACLEA staff, and the Executive Committee, the San Francisco ACLEA Mid-Year meeting will be trying something new - a one-day, hands-on social media boot camp!
The session will cover the practical “how-to” basics of social media.
- Set up a Facebook profile, connect with friends, and ensure your privacy settings are set to your comfort level.
- Get a Twitter account and learn who to follow in the CLE realm.
- Register for LinkedIn and add connections.
- Discover how easy it is to set up a blog.
Attendees are encouraged to bring laptops as this course is totally hands-on!
- Peter H. Berge – Minnesota CLE and Small Firm Success
- Alli Gerkman – Colorado Bar Association CLE and Beyond Credits
- Matthew Homann – LexThink LLC and The [Non]Billable Hour
- Gina Roers – West Professional Development and Gina's CLE Blog
- Christopher A. Sharpe – State Bar of Texas and Christopher Sharpe - Digital Content Strategist