Kansas has recently announced changes to their MCLE rules, effective July 1, 2011. The state's CLE Commission is hosting a Provider Conference to ensure understanding of these changes and how they will affect attorneys. They will also be available to answer questions from providers. The conference is being held in Topeka on April 12, 2011 at the Capitol Plaza Hotel. Preregistration is required.
Changes to the rules include new opportunities for nontraditional programming and expansion of the written material requirement to include electronic media.
- 8:30-9:00am: Registration/Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-9:15am: Opening Remarks/Introductions
- 9:15-9:30am: CLE Resources, including the Official MCLE CLEreg Guide
- 9:30-10:00am: Kansas CLE Rules Overview, new rules effective July 1, 2011
- 10:00-10:15am: Networking Break
- 10:15-11:00am: Roundtable discussions on implementing the new rules and other CLE questions
- 11:00-12:00pm: Report of roundtables and panel discussion with members of the Kansas CLE Commission
- 12:00-12:15pm: Final thoughts
I will be attending the conference and will report back on the announced changes and their impact. Let me know if you are not able to attend and have any questions for the Commission - I'd be happy to pass them along!