On Saturday, the much anticipated (at least by me) ACLEA Annual Meeting kicks off in Denver! Attendees will be able to join in on high-quality learning (Sean Carter is only on the agenda once!), networking events, notable plenary sessions, and much camaraderie.
Saturday begins with the CLE Boot Camp - a must for any first time attendee at ACLEA. Sessions include basics on marketing, technology, in-house, publications, accreditation, and negotiation. The folks you meet in your boot camp will be life-long CLE buddies - the go-to people who will help you make your way in the world of CLE.
Saturday is also featuring a fantastic add-on event for the more experienced ACLEA members: "Lights, Curtain, Action!: Fine Tuning the Delivery Style of Your CLE Presenters" - where Leonard Matheo and Stuart Teicher will arm you with the information and practicable tips you need to take your speakers to the next level.
Then, meet-and-greet all those colleagues you haven't seen since New Orleans with the Opening Welcome Reception. This is your chance to catch up, grab a cocktail, and plan the rest of your ACLEA adventure in Denver.
Some highlights for me:
- I want to assure everyone that I love the folks with whom I work (even Kevin McCormack and his lengthy emails), but I'm interested in Larry Center's "Five Proven Techniques for Dealing with Difficult People" to assist in my interactions with those other, more challenging personalities in the CLE world (and y'all know about whom I'm talking).
- As the manager of an expense (not revenue-generating) department in our business, I'm looking forward to "Living in the Material World - Surviving as a Non-Billable Department" - as I'm sure there will be distinct parallels with the challenges I face in this area.
- Lucas Boling will run through the creation of a customized ad-free event app, from start to finish, in just one hour.
- "60 Apps in 60 Minutes" is making another appearance with a whole new panel of contributors. I had fun suggesting some of my favorite and most useful apps when I spoke on this topic, and I'm looking forward to the new apps and suggestions from Barron, Dawn, Mark, and Sharon.
- Another early-morning, but often informative, round-table discussion about the upcoming changes, trends, and challenges in MCLE accreditation at the MCLE Committee meeting (7:30am on Monday, July 30th).
- Tim Baran and Jan Majewski have invited me to assist them with the "Return of the CLE Game Show" - think you know a lot about the CLE rules and regulations that govern accreditation? Join us for a chance to win fantastic prizes!
- Joint session with CLEReg - getting direct feedback from the regulators themselves!
- "CLE Gamification in Action" - Mindy Thomas-Fulks's highly interactive session on game mechanics and applying them to your CLE.
- The return of Allie Gerkman, now with IAALS, will present at two sessions that take a different look at educating today's lawyers.
- Many, many more!
For a full agenda: click here!
Hope to see y'all in Denver!